Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pictures from McCall

Finally! I'll wasn't sure I'd ever get around to posting these pictures. I'm trying to do it quickly while I wait for Joseph to cry himself to sleep so that I can go a steal a nap for myself.

We started the trip with scenery like this
but eventually got some of this. (Much better.)

We had to keep 5 kids from murderous acts of desperation. This was one way. (Meet Cpt. Nathan)

Our first night there, 4 adult raccoons came up to the deck where they were rewarded with green plums. My mom and I were at the grocery store, so we got the whole story (several times) and saw the pictures when we got back.

There was a lot of playing in the water that went around. That accounted for the multiple loads of laundry I ended up doing! I have a certain dislike for wet sand on wet clothes and wet kids.

Payette Lake









Brundage Res.

We did our best to keep the mud and sand where it belonged...we resorted to making the boys strip and rinse off. hehe

Rotary Park/Payette River (in town)



We enjoyed some beautiful views from the (near) top of Brundage Mtn.



You'll notice that Rebekah is missing her pants. They were wet, of course.






We visited the fish hatchery in McCall. (Very strong smelling fish smells. Go figure.)











We went on a walk or two and enjoyed the trees.












There were treats in Grandma and Grandpa's room each night.

The sleeping arrangements were very flexible. The boys slept upstairs with Grandma and Grandpa most of the time. The last night, everyone stayed downstairs and made good use of the Murphy bed!


Of course, Joseph got his own bed each night. He sure seems to be sleeping soundly!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. Raccoons are better than skunks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great time. I am glad you were able to get away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun family trip! I got a giggle at your lil' captain in the back seat. :)

    What's up with wildlife always around you guys? You must scream {or sing} like Cinderella or Snow White...

    ReplyDelete