Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A realization

I came to a realization about myself today while driving home. I was sneak-eating a week-old, stale pop-tart but I couldn't bear to just throw it away. I was wondering why I would do something like that, but yet I held onto my goal. I finished that stale pastry. Bonus points for me.

Then I realized that I am a stress eater. I actually already knew that. I made a deeper discovery than that. My "trigger" stress is anger. I eat when I'm angry!

Lately, that has meant a lot of munching. Some little demon in my head is saying, "Neener, neener" to my kids every time I sneak a snack. "I get a snack, and you don't because you're misbehaving!" This is SO not healthy in more than one way.

There are five little independent (and sometimes down right naughty) catalysts to my anger. I need to find a "happy place" and soon! (Because I don't deal with my anger JUST through food.) I could also use a little more sleep.

So I guess if you want to see how well I've been managing my anger, you could just watch me from the rear. No flash photography, please.

6 comments:

  1. I eat when I'm angry, sad, hungry, thirsty, tired, happy, celebrating... have you seen my butt lately? Oh yes, you have, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend eating when you're hungry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand you. I just have the other problem and have no behind. I use to come home from church and have to have a candy bar and a Mt Dew. All because of the stress of primary. I have broken that habit and stress since being released. I just eat because I am prego now. How will I break that habit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHA- I don't mean to laugh- but I can knowing I do the same thing. grrrrr
    It's just funny {and comforting} to read.

    I wish I were there to smack your hand every time you tried to reach for that angry snack. But then I'd end up eating it myself. teehee

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW- CUTE Halloween look!

    I considered changing my blog look for the different seasons but I thought I would be putting too much pressure on myself-yet again. Maybe when I grow up I wanna be just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with Amber. I eat all the time too, but especially when I am feeling like everything is out of my control. I head for the snacks. I was just pondering what to eat when I read this...*sigh*. I think I will be fat my entire life. Pass me the ding dong please.

    ReplyDelete