Friday, September 26, 2008

400

I noticed earlier this week that I was fast approaching my 400th post. And here it is! I revisited my 300th post to see how long it had been since reaching that milestone. That's when I read that I had a goal to reach 500 posts within a year's time. Huh. I'd forgotten all about that goal. Luckily, I had dubbed it an "unofficial" goal, so it isn't so bad that I forgot I was working on it. As it is, it seems I am a natural at keeping goals (at least this one, anyway) because I'm right on schedule! The 300th post was March 20, so I am only 6 days past the halfway mark.

I found it interesting that I didn't remember typing much of what I'd read. Maybe I should go back through my blog from the very beginning and reacquaint myself with...myself! Maybe I could tell myself a secret now and be completely surprised in the Spring. Anyone else want to tell me some secrets?

I admit a certain OCD over the computer. I've pondered on it occasionally and I'm not exactly sure what the big motivator is. I know much of it is that I feel a little "cut off" from things. I don't have many commitments that take me out of the house and after a while, the separation becomes too much. Therefore, I search for something through my internet connection. I have enjoyed blogging and reading blogs. I am able to interact with people that I'd never have contact with otherwise. And in some instances, I get to see a side of people that they don't often show in person. However, I rarely ever enter a chat room or register in a new site. I'm comfortable with my regular haunts and friends, though I welcome new friends when I'm lucky enough to meet good people.

My computer is also convenient. I can sit for a minute and check email or read a quick article about something as I make my way back and forth through the house. I can hear if someone is at the door or if the kids have come in or out of the house. Truly, I would love to be in my sewing room, but it isn't so convenient and it drives me crazy when the kids get into my stuff in there!

Unfortunately, Joseph has had just about all he can take of the computer and starts to complain before I can even sit in the chair! He is a very jealous boy. I should probably pay a little more attention to that.

So my 400th post finds me in a fairly unremarkable point in my blogging life. I am just a little crazy when it comes to numbers and can't let such a momentous occasion pass by uncelebrated! Maybe by the time my 500th post rolls around in March, I'll be better organized, or a nicer mother, or pregnant for the last time (which will pretty much wipe out any chances of being a nicer mother), or rich, or poor and without internet access, so there won't even be a 500th post. Who knows? But won't the journey be exciting?

2 comments: