Monday, September 22, 2008

Kirby

Have you ever had one of those Kirby vacuum sales people come to your door? We did a little over 3 years ago and ended up with a big, silver monster vacuum. It actually works pretty well. It had better last 20 years, for what we paid for it!

I don't actually like to vacuum, so I expect the vacuum to have a fairly long life. But lately, I've had to use it more often.

Enter Kirby Jr. I mean Kirby Joseph. I mean Joseph. Yes, it's that bad. Chad and I were talking about it last night (we fished garbage out his mouth repeatedly yesterday) and we're not sure if he's been the worst at putting things in his mouth or if he just has the most people to drop things on the floor for him.

He's thrown up two different times because he's eaten something bad. I think we got a piece of petrified chicken out of his mouth yesterday. It was over an inch long. I've found him sucking on Rebekah's discarded cherry tomato, dried pound cake, marbles, game tokens, paper, a twig, etc, etc, etc. He got mad earlier today when the bead he was trying to enjoy didn't yield up any flavor and didn't mash up in his gums. Last week I recognized the slice of crayon that had been on the floor earlier...in his diaper.

Ironically, the kid does not like baby food. He won't eat more than a few bites before he's slumped to the side of his high chair, looking for a corner to hide in. One of his favorite foods is bread. That's fine with me because it's portable and not very messy.

So I'm going to have to vacuum a bit more and put the broom into action occasionally. Darn it. These kids are making me work!

Here's a little scrapbook page I whipped up for a challenge at one of the websites I frequent. I thought it would look nice on this new orange background. :) That's the same reason I'm saving the pink layout I did yesterday. Pink and orange are only good in sunsets.


3 comments:

  1. Get Dirt Devil or hand held Shark and the kids will want to vacuum more. Very cute page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! A Crayon in his diaper! I wonder what else he has passed that you didn't see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beware, this comment is not for the weak stomach-ed. When my sister was crawling, we found her in my mothers bathroom with something red all over her face. Upon closer inspection, she had a maxi-pad in her hand and was sucking on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It still makes me shiver to even think about it! So everytime I am digging out something out of Jonathans mouth, he to is my personal vacuum cleaner, I consider myself lucky that it is not a maxi-pad. Sharing is caring!

    ReplyDelete