Saturday, April 26, 2008

Recent videos and the dentist

Here are a few recent videos for you. I've been saving them up. Since Chad has the power to the well disconnected, and I am waiting to take a shower, I have time to upload videos.

Here is Leah in one of her famous tantrums. She only stopped screaming because she saw me with the camera. That girl is very aware of the cameras and will usually quit her antics when she sees one pointed at her!


Here is a video taken just this morning. I looked out the window and saw these birds weighing down the wires. There were so many! And then they'd take off, fly in a big, crazy circle, then land again. I'm guessing they were eating insects, but my camera isn't good enough to see bugs that high up, so we'll never know for sure. I was reminded of Alfred Hitchcock. I got a better video on my nicer camcorder, so you'll have to visit if you're a serious bird enthusiast!


This video is of Joseph last month. He was so cute. I am obligated to have that opinion, but it does come quite easily!





In other news, I went to the dentist yesterday for the first time in 4 years. My mouth has been hurting for quite a while and I knew my teeth were full of cavities. I was very surprised to learn that there wasn't a single sign of decay in there. My problem is receding gums. On several teeth. The hygienist told me a powered toothbrush would not only clean my teeth better, but would save my gums from further damage.

So I stopped by Wal-Mart on the way home and got one. I've used it twice. It's going to take some getting used to as the slobber and toothpaste dribble out of my mouth easier with that big thing in there, and I get double vision from the vibration of the motor against my teeth! I'm seriously hoping that the kids don't give in to the inevitable temptation to play with it. Do they make "The Club" for toothbrushes?

5 comments:

  1. Great videos!!! I'm glad to hear your teeth are doing good! I have an absolute fear of the dentist - always have since I was a kid! I've been wanting to try those toothbrushes... let me know how it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those birds are freaky I tell ya. The video of Joseph wouldn't play (at least for me), says it's no longer available? You really do live out in the boon dockies. Nice to see the old Idaho landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, Kristi, it plays for me. Maybe you're not clicking on it right! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah sounds a lot like Kaitlyn! I have used those toothbrushes for years. My kids use them too. I love them. The kids actually get cleaner teath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey..guess it helps to push play eh? It sure worked now. He is so cute. He has the most perfect round, bald head. Cookie cutter kids I tell ya. Can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete