Thursday, April 17, 2008

Girls in Curls

Monday evening I was telling Leah about the times my mom would put sponge curlers in my hair after Saturday night baths so my hair would be curly for church. She was quite excited by the idea and wanted curlers in her hair right away! Unfortunately for her, we didn't have any.


I found some the next day at Family Dollar and that evening I rolled the girls' hair. Leah got pink curlers which were a pretty big size and Rebekah got blue ones which were fairly skinny. (The curlers came in variety packs.)


Here is what they looked like before bed.








And...WHOA!...here is what they looked like when the curlers came out!

Rebekah didn't need anything to keep her hair out of her face the whole day! All I could think when I saw her was "Brillo Pad." This morning, the sides of her hair were straight again, but the curls on top and down the middle back were still tight and bouncy. It was a curly mohawk! That is some crazy bed head.



And because Spring is so reluctant to come to our part of the world, this is what we were greeted with yesterday morning. It has all melted again, but you'll notice there are still no signs of life on the trees/shrubs. *sigh* I'll be wishing for some of this in August. That just proves that I'm never satisfied!

7 comments:

  1. Those curlers can do some crazy things!!! I had a similar experience with Kaylee... I used the skinny blue ones on her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so remember sponge rollers- but sometimes I rememeber waking up in the night because plastic was poking my head

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom did the exact same thing to me on saturday nights! It hurt so bad to sleep on them. I had longer hair so it would not friz. But I did do it to Kailtyn and hers came out like Rebeckah's. I had to wash it and start over. Of course we were on the way to church! I HATE SNOW! I want to go outside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen- my mom did the same! It must of been 'the fashionable thing to do' when we all were little. :)

    This is such a cute post, Arlyn! I loved the adorable pics you took!!! {Great scrapping pics...but after you finish your curtains}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Foam curlers? What about the strips of fabric that you wrap your hair around? That is what my mom would use on us. It was a nightmare, and our hair was a definite fro for about a week, until it was time to do it again. Guess I am SO much older than all ya'll. 35 is over the hill. I did have foam curlers if we were lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where are you? I am waiting for some inspiration! You have to blog soon. I need a laugh! ;0)

    ReplyDelete