Saturday, April 05, 2008

I'm planting a bush

As you may already know, Rebekah is finally potty trained. Now what she once thought was cruel is suddenly cool. She goes potty... A LOT. Still, that doesn't keep her from wetting her pants because she procrastinates her trips sometimes and ends up peeing on the floor instead of in the toilet. So I have a lot more wet, stinky underwear and pants, size 2, sitting in the corner of the bathroom. I have learned to groan and make my way to the bathroom when I hear, "Mommy, I'm peeing!" That's where I find Rebekah standing in a puddle a mere foot from the toilet.

Another (dryer) side effect of one more person using the toilet is the increased consumption of toilet paper. We're now up to one whole roll a day. And while I have a propensity to exaggerate the facts, I assure you this is truth. It's also expensive. And my bathroom is covered in little bits of toilet paper.

So I was thinking about this new phase in our lives and realized it would only get worse during the summer when all the kids are home all day. That's when I came up with the decision to plant a bush for the kids. We need a large, low, quick growing bush with wide, smooth leaves. We'll plant it at the back of the yard, far enough away from the house to keep things from being unpleasant, but not so far that night time trips are hazardous. And, of course, we don't want the bush ANYWHERE near the garden spot.

Maybe we'll get 2 bushes. His and Hers.

5 comments:

  1. A BUSH!! You are Hilarious!! When I was little my mom would only allow us 2 pieces of TP! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Arlyn! You are so funny!

    This is a graet post!

    Oh, and sorry for the potty traing after math. At least, {i hope anyway} you don't have boys that are old enough to NOT spray the entire toilet seat, floor and who knows what else. GRRRRR Yeah- my 8 year old son and 4 year old son do this everyday- no matter the consequence. I'm think they need a bush too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTHW- email me, Arlyn. warrenandautumn @ msn dot com

    I want to send you a blogger title I made for you...
    I guess I'm saying I want color on your blog! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do you need a bush when you live out in the boon dockies? Who is going to see? I figer'd if you are a true Idahoan, you just find you-self a sage brush and call it good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. spray and pray, that is what I always say...
    (scott)

    ReplyDelete