Friday, July 27, 2007

Vacation Recovery

We went down to visit cousins on Monday. By the time we arrived at our final destination, the kids had been traveling about 6 hours. You can imagine how glad we ALL were to get out of the van. Luckily, there had been a little break while Chad helped his sister and brother-in-law move a few things from one apartment to the other. The kids got to get a good stretch then. Bedtime was a bit delayed, but not too terribly long.

The next night was the killer. We rode the Heber Creeper to celebrate Pioneer Day. The train left at 8 pm and returned about 10:30. It was a fun trip, but a long time for kids to be contained on a train. We got to eat pizza and drink lemonade until we were sick, so at least we had a diversion. I was near to passing out on the ride back from Heber because I was so tired. Leah was nowhere near passing out. She responded to extreme fatigue by screaming. Real screams. She was complaining that she wanted out of her seat before we'd fully accelerated to highway speeds. I wanted to strangle her. I still recall the blessed moment she finally fell asleep. We drove home the next afternoon and the kids were surprisingly well behaved. Maybe they saw the "light at the end of the tunnel."

The past two mornings, the kids have been sleeping longer than usual. I have enjoyed that!

I was able to spend some time at the Family History Library with my dad while we searched for information on his grandfather. This man has been eluding us for YEARS and all it took was a trip to the International Floor to look into some Swedish records. We now have several more names. It was exciting to make some progress! Now I wish that I lived closer. I would like to spend a few long days scanning microfilmed records.

Here are a couple more digital scrapbook pages. I'm trying to not get too involved in these since they can easily take a couple of hours from my day. There are a few other things that I should be doing.

I am REALLY looking forward to school starting. Nineteen days left. How does one little boy create so much havoc?

3 comments:

  1. Is that all. I am so EXCITED!!! I need a break. My kids are fighting non stop. I dont know if I could handle 4 or 5 at this age. YOU ARE TRULEY AMAZNIG!! I am so glad that you are finding relatives! I love geneology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun vacation! And yes, there is something about those 6 and 7 year olds causing problems!!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun and exhausting! I'm impressed that you're doing scrabooking at all! Those pages look great!

    ReplyDelete