Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Birthday, America!




We skipped the parade yesterday, but faithfully attended the fireworks. We went to our favorite, easily accessible piece of grass. There are hundreds of other places that would be better, but this is easily accessible. We've now gone to the fireworks here 4 times, so we know what we're talking about! And the thing that makes this particular spot perfect is that we can view the fireworks right between the two Shilo Inn signs!






We got there early enough to be sure no one else would want our fabulous spot and got busy waiting. We had sunflower seeds and cookies for munching. Rebekah really liked the cookies. We brought a game to play and of course, Nathan was content to work in his workbook. I hope that I can find these pictures of him when he is 15 and failing his school classes!

I worked really hard to get a cute picture of the kids with Chad. This is what I got for my efforts.



And this is what I finally captured. At least 4 of them were looking.
The boys were in pretty interested in the firework show. Leah half pretended and half really was scared. Rebekah was bored and all over the place, stopping only occasionally to check out a really bright flash of light or the source of a loud boom. They were all conked out before we got home and again within 5 minutes of getting in bed.
So Happy Birthday, America. When these kids get older, they'll understand better WHY we go to the fireworks and put up our flag.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your Blog!! You are so funny. I hope you are ok that I saved your blog. I love to read about people I know. And your blog is inspiring. and FUNNY!!

    ReplyDelete