Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Walls

Maybe some of you don't realize how much work I've put into building up my walls.

Each brick was placed very carefully, determined by feelings and and circumstances. I have invested years into building these walls. I have several layers of walls. I feel safe behind my walls (though not always happy).

When someone comes along and starts trying to break through my walls, I get very uncomfortable. It's a painful process to uncover the things I buried in the walls when I built them.

Even so, I am a practical person and realize that these walls are ugly and not built to code. They need to come down (or at the very least, a window put in).

So I thank those of you who have taken on this unpleasant task of breaking away the bricks. I'm sorry if I don't appear very grateful. There are some things being uncovered that I'd hoped to never see again.

Hopefully, you're all wearing hard hats, because I'd hate for anyone to be injured by my falling walls. Please pardon my dust (and tears).

1 comment:

  1. As one who has spent most of his life building walls to hide behind I can tell you it has been a huge relief to face my fears and frustrations. I know that what you face ahead of you will be difficult, and require a few shoulders to cry on. Remember you have a great husband to lean on, and you are a child of god. YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!
    Scott L.

    ReplyDelete