Friday, July 29, 2011

Before and After

We scored some chairs from Chad's aunt, via his parents who were trying their hardest to get rid of them.

When I saw the chairs, I knew they would be perfect for the desks in the kids' rooms. I thought I might be able to recover them for personality. :)

I finally got around to my project yesterday and just finished up today.

Here was what each chair looked liked:


Here was my first chair, for the boys:


Here is the 2nd chair, for the girls:


I'm just so proud of myself (so you don't need to be) that I actually finished this project! That's what my self-esteem needed...a little success.

The fabric was less than $2 each chair (clearance at Hancock Fabrics). The only other materials I consumed were heavy duty staples and threads from the serger and sewing machine. Plus, I got to use a stitch on my machine that I'd never paid attention to before. It's a stitch that is like sewing 3 seams very close together...but all in one pass.

My time was less than 3 hours total (there was a bit of a learning experience with the first chair).

And now I can go back to being lazy and unproductive.

2 comments: