Wednesday, July 13, 2011

August 18th, Where are you?

It's only the 2nd week of July (the 7th week of summer break) and I am ready for those kids to go back to school.

I have neither the desire or strength to stand over them and baby them through the jobs I try to give them. They don't care about consequences and I find it much easier to ignore that they are ignoring me and just do the job myself.

A martyr attitude? Probably. But I tried to have routine and order the first part of the summer and I only ended up stressed out.

Now I try to ignore the voice in the back of my mind telling me this is a horrible parenting technique. It's working for me for the moment. Survival is most important.

I will be spraying those screens off myself today. Which means I won't have time to do something else I need to do more (but I asked someone to spray those screens and now they get to feel guilt as they watch me do it)...yeah that martyr attitude isn't really helping.

1 comment:

  1. You are truly my daughter. I used to do the same thing with you children. Remember my martyr routine as you were asked to do the dishes?? three hours later I did them as you endured a lecture from me. I didn't have the parenting skills, but some of my bad habits have filtered to my kids.. Hang in there. Kids are resilient and they will still turn out wonderfully. Perfection is way overratted!!

    Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete