Monday, November 08, 2010

Scout Patch Boards

I've been wanting to make these for the boys for a while to display all those unique (read: large, strange and/or pointless?) patches they earn that can't be worn on their uniforms.

I got a couple of 14" cork boards from Walmart during the school supply clearance sales. I found a yard of scout fabric on eBay. I bought a spool of gros grain ribbon and got to work.

Long story, shortened, I hot glued the fabric and ribbon to the back of the boards and then cut some foam board to fit the space, used more glue and covered the back.


I found a place online (TropicoolAccents.com) that makes motorcycle patches and got the boys' names done to match the fabric. Each patch was $6 and my total with shipping was $14. I hot glued those on as well.

Here is what they look like, with two of Nathan's patches pinned on. :) I'm excited to see how they like these and what they look like on their bedroom wall.



2 comments: