Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Daniel's candy challenge

The challenge to not eat candy for an entire year is starting to get a little difficult for Daniel. He nearly broke down yesterday; he got as far as getting the candy bar out of the wrapper.

Daniel is looking for a way out of his commitment without being the one to make the decision. It took a bit of encouragement yesterday to keep him on track. Eventually, he gave the candy to Leah.

Interestingly, Leah was encouraging him, too (before she knew she would gain a candy bar). I thought it was so sweet that she wanted him to succeed. And then it came out that she really wanted new sinks in the bathroom, too.

Personally, I am torn. I would LOVE to bite into some of that sugary confection that screams at me from the HUGE container in the kitchen. But it would be awesome to beat the temptation and actually see some positive results! And I want to see Daniel succeed; it would be so good for him.

So if you see Daniel, please encourage him. He has had a LOT of temptations and has made me very proud as he has resisted each time. He only has 10 months and 3 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment