Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Deafness

Joseph's been on antibiotics for his double ear infection since Wednesday last week. He still isn't hearing very well.

I have been spoiled by having healthy kids (Daniel's TMJ and braces have been expensive and inconvenient, but not a serious situation) and to see one of them have a deficiency is nearly breaking my heart.

If I have my back turned to Joseph and speak normally, he can't hear me. I have to raise my voice and often get his attention first to make myself understood.

I checked with the doctor's office this morning and they said that it's normal for ears to have fluid behind them for several weeks...even on antibiotics. I'm considering checking with a chiropractor to have his ears "tugged" on and getting that fluid to drain.

My biggest hope is that this is all temporary. I'd rather have my kids as whole as I can get them. We have enough hearing problems around here without having a REAL hearing disability!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Arlyn! Sorry to hear you've had sickness. Lydia had this same problem last spring. I felt like I had to shout to get her to hear me. It did eventually go away though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete