Thursday, November 04, 2010

Eighteen-dollar Miracle

Joseph can hear again!

While talking with a friend yesterday, I was reminded about a chiropractor I'd taken Daniel to last year mentioning how he could treat ear infections. I didn't pay too much attention to that then because I knew Daniel didn't have an ear infection.

But Joseph did. And I wasn't thrilled with the idea that the antibiotics were killing germs now but fluid would still be in his ears. I could only imagine that fluid getting infected again, requiring more antibiotics. Besides, it really bothered me that he couldn't hear very well!

I called the chiropractor's office after lunch and they gave us an appointment for the afternoon. We were there about 20 minutes. Joseph was so well-behaved, the guy couldn't stop mentioning it. He looked in his ears, mentioned they were still a little red, had Joseph open his mouth and gave each ear a few hard tugs (not at the same time). Then he had us do some sort of "laser" treatment. (That seemed a little strange to me, and I hope we didn't actually give him brain damage.) Joseph didn't cry or shy away at all. And on the way home, he could actually hear me!

Thanks for reminding me of the chiropractor, Rachel!

I just wish there was some sort of miracle healing for me. My cough is taking its toll on me. I don't sound very authoritative when I'm getting after my kids but get suddenly cut off by a coughing attack! And talking on the phone is fun.

Sarah's nose is still yucky, though it's slowing down and coming out a little thicker, so I imagine she's on the mend. Joseph noticed a gooey glob sitting in the end of her nose and said, "Sarah booger in and out." Yes it was...with every breath she took! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment