Wednesday, November 24, 2010

ACK!

Where has the time gone?

I have been busy with various things, including trying to clean my house.

I spent a nice morning on the floor of the kid's bathroom scrubbing toothpaste off their carpet. I realize that I have a propensity for exaggeration, but believe me when I say that you wouldn't have been able to find one foot in any direction without coming to toothpaste. Whether it dripped from their mouths or fell straight from the tube, there was toothpaste from one wall to the other, on the shower stall, on the walls, cupboard fronts, mirror and maybe even the ceiling (I did find dried toilet paper wads up there).

I have vacuumed countless cobwebs and then found more again after the vacuum was put away. We have so many spiders out here!

We can now walk through the storage room without using any contortionistic moves. That has been nice!

There used to be a 2 1/2 foot high pile of stuff on my sewing table. I can now see the cutting mat in most places. I still have two pairs of pants to sew for the girls and Christmas pj's to cut and sew.

Among cleaning and organizing, life has been chugging along its usual pace. We've had Pack Meeting, got the studded tires on the van, gone grocery shopping, done homework, had FHE, shoveled walks (and then shoveled them again), driven carpool, gone to meetings, been sick, etc.

I will post pictures and share some of the better memories as I can. After all, it's Thanksgiving tomorrow and we have a few things we need to do for that!

I hope you all are having Thanksgiving with someone you care about and that you travel safely if you travel at all. Be careful in that crazy snow we've been getting in Utah and Idaho!

1 comment: