Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Drive-In Movie

I'm trying to multi-task today and I'm working on folding laundry while I wait for pictures to upload. Sarah doesn't want me to fold laundry and she insists on helping me type. So I don't feel like I'm accomplishing much in either area. Additionally, Rebekah keeps following me around asking..."backwards, what does T-A-C spell?" or "frontwards, what does W-O-H spell?" I had to look at what she was reading and saw that the paper was upside-down. How do I tell her that my brain does not want to play that game?

Anyway, I finally uploaded the pictures of our drive-in movie. The last one we went to was "Cars." Yes, it's been a while. And now I can't even remember what movie we went to see this time!! This is going to be a great memory for us, years from now since it's hardly a memory now.

What the heck...we don't go to drive-in movies to see movies, do we? Not this family. We go for the experience. That includes...

...$5 nachos. Eat slowly and SHARE please! And try not to look so surprised that I'm taking your picture. You should expect it by now.


...putting down the back seats of the van. Leah's already established her area and is not about to get out of it. You'll have to come to her if you want some of those nachos.


...crawling all over Daddy. He definitely doesn't come for the movie...he hardly gets to watch any of it!

And that was the last picture I took with the camera before I smashed it while trying to put the seats back up for the ride home.

As you can see, it still took pictures, but the viewing screen was shattered and useless. Whoever imagined a camera would still NEED a viewfinder!

These last two pictures were literally point and shoot because I had no idea what kind of shot I was getting. It showcases what happens when we stay up WAY past bedtime. They were very difficult to get out of the van. This was one of those nights when we skipped scripture reading and family prayer. Maybe we should have gone ahead with it...they would have been very quiet!



Unrelated:

Sarah never cared much for her walker. Fortunately, she learned to walk without it. But it was nice to have her somewhat contained while I worked in the kitchen. I had to make sure she didn't back over my toes as she struggled to free herself from the thing.

This day she got very close to getting out...she ended up in a worse situation than she started. And I made sure I got a few pictures before I helped her out of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment