Monday, December 15, 2008

Scissors and Pens

I think these were Houdini's secret tools. They have a magical way of disappearing.

I know there are at least 3 pair of "big girl" scissors in this house. I'm the only "big girl" and I can't find any of them. Now I'm a "frustrated girl." At least the kitchen scissors know how to stay put. Maybe they're too scary looking for regular use and so they easily get left in the drawer.

The only pens that don't disappear are the ones that don't work. We slowly went through a whole package of pens. All have disappeared. And if I want to lower my standards for a pencil? I can only find the ones without leads. Of course.

I have a theory that my problem is greatly influenced by the amount of children in the house. (Well, I'd have to discount Joseph...he's the one that always has the pens and scissors - unfortunate for his health.) Check back in 11 years, when the amount of children in the home should start decreasing, and I'll let you know if my supposition was correct.

Until then, I'm asking Santa for large quantities of these commodities.

No comments:

Post a Comment