Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Poisoned

We went out to an early dinner on Saturday night, after running some errands. I ordered fish and chips, while everyone else around me ordered a breakfast dish or hot dogs. I don't like fish, but this stuff isn't really fish...at least, it doesn't taste like it. So when my fat and calorie-laden breaded fish fillets were gone, I dipped my fat and calorie-laden fries in the left-over tarter sauce.

About an hour after falling asleep that night I awoke to feel pretty yucky. A person should only feel this yucky on a storm-tossed ship or with the promise of a baby at the end of the ordeal. Neither one of those situations pertained to me. All night long I woke up, wishing to be freed from my turmoil. (And cursing that tartar sauce!) Around 3 AM, Rebekah summoned me to her room. She complained to me that she wanted to sleep in a higher bed. !! I can't help her with that right now! I rested my head on her short, little toddler bed until she got tired enough to fall over and go back to sleep.

Around 5 AM I prayed for relief. About 6 AM I had a quick coughing attack, brought on by a 2-day old tickle in my throat. Miracle! That got the stomach churning and up came the offensive matter. And up, and up and up. It was gross, bitter and didn't only come out of my mouth. (Aren't you glad you've read this far?) Unfortunately for me, it was my turn to teach the Primary lesson at church and then we had Tithing Settlement and the First Presidency Christmas Devotional in the evening. So I sucked it up and met the day with half-open eyes.

I felt much better Monday, just tired. Yesterday I was completely recovered, except for that little tickle I talked about...it has gone a little deeper. And so I am thinking bad things about that tartar sauce when Chad admits that he isn't feeling well. (The fact that he was bent over the couch to talk to me was a little incriminating.) He spent the day feeling like he would throw up...but never did. He's feeling a little better today. Which is lucky, because it seems like it's Daniel's turn.

Daniel threw up all night (and I don't get any points for anything because Chad helped him every time). He's home from school today. He seems much better, but the poor kid didn't get much rest! So I guess I didn't have food poisoning as I suspected, but we've definitely been poisoned by something! Nasty, nasty germs!

And I really should apologize to everyone with whom I came into contact on Sunday. I really did think I was only poisoned...not deadly!

2 comments:

  1. Poor family. I hope the rest of them dont get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaagh... those nasty germs - wish they would just go away and leave people alone!

    ReplyDelete