Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Up Hill Both Ways

We had QUITE the evening tonight.

FHE: We had to re-read the story because no one listened the first time (after repeated warnings that they would need to know what the story was about).

Scripture Study: At one point I noticed that 3 kids had feet that were higher than their heads. They likely weren't listening.

Family Prayer: Daniel was rocking back and forth in a half-full laundry basket, Leah was writhing around under the coffee table, and Rebekah was in orbit around me. Nathan was on the couch, but he was kneeling and had his eyes closed (most of the time).

As the kids slowly trickled (unwillingly) off to bed, I sat there in a momentary stupor and reflected on the evening. But at least we're trying! (I keep reminding myself that.)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds familiar. At least you're trying- that's half the battle right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor woman! They must have found the sugar bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds about right. I'm just happy my children aren't the only heathens around! hehe

    Endure to the end, my friend. ;)

    ReplyDelete