Saturday, July 05, 2008

Daniel talks funny

Daniel is now missing his two front teeth!

YAHOO, HALLELUJAH, SING PRAISES!

This tooth has been loose forever and bugging me just about as long. Yesterday was THE day, whether Daniel agreed or not. I gave him the choice of grabbing and pulling or popping it out with the floss. Since he didn't want to part with his tooth by any method, I had to follow him all over the house. It must have been 85 degrees inside and it was 55% humidity (that's a lot for Idaho). I was not happy to play "Cat and Mouse". I wasn't really comfortable with the fact that my 8-year-old was warding me off with a wooden baseball bat, either. But I am (nearly) fearless and pursued him.

To make a long story short:
Chad and I eventually ended up with Daniel in the bathroom. Chad sat on him and held his mouth open. I slipped the loop of floss over his tooth and gave a quick yank. That tooth popped out like it was one of the grasshoppers out in the pasture!

I realize that this method sounds a bit harsh. I kind of felt that way, too. But the tooth has been hurting and he was taking bites with his molars instead of chewing with them. It needed to go.

As you can see from the image (of course I scrapped the event), he suffered no serious physical or emotional effects - aside from the fact that he's missing a tooth because of it.

Credits: Kit - Earth Elements by JanniScrap Designs.

Font - Funkin Frat and Americana

From here he changed into his 4th of July clothes and we headed out to the fireworks!

3 comments:

  1. I see therapy in the near future. :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Mom! Kaitlyns front teeth did the same thing and she wouldn't let us come near her. I like the layout. You are on the ball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seriously thinking about doing the same thing to Elizabeth. Her top teeth have been loose for over 6 months!

    ReplyDelete