Monday, July 21, 2008

I should complain more often

Remember my post where I made remarks about extravagant spending and living high on the hog? Remember that I complained that I would like a new computer and a new van? Well, I don't know what's in the air here in Idaho, but within a month of that post, I have both. How does that happen?

I've already mentioned the new computer. I have been enjoying a faster machine and have had less time to wait for things to "process". The only negative thing I have to say is that this computer puts out A LOT of heat. With the weather that we've been having lately, I've been reducing the amount of time that I sit here just because I can feel the heat radiating out of the computer desk. I've even started turning my computer off at night. (All "green" enthusiasts are gasping at my utter disregard for the environment and cheering that something finally got to me.) So I guess it's a good thing. I just assume that the energy I'm saving at night is being used up during the day to keep my computer room at 85 degrees. I'm going to love this in January.

And this past weekend I passed on our old, hard-worked Pontiac TransSport to a well-deserving family, and adopted a 2007 Toyota Sienna! It has 8 seats and a DVD player as well as a 6-CD player. My kids still keep talking about the new baby that was supposed to be the catalyst for even getting a new van. I think we've confused them. NO NEW BABIES ARE BEING BORN HERE FOR AT LEAST 10 MONTHS! This is the newest car we've ever had and I'm suddenly very picky about what the kids can eat and how they can move about the vehicle (inside and out). It took me a few minutes to figure out how to work the wipers this morning. (It was actually raining today!) We had most of the money in our savings, so our loan was small and should be paid off in a short time. Just in time to start paying off medical bills on the new baby that is planned for, but not yet coming. (Just want to be sure everyone is clear on this point.)

So while I've found the lucky moment that I get the things I wish for on Blogger, I'd like to say that I'd like to have a healthy family, sufficient food and clothing and a large chunk of cold, tax-free cash!

Now I'll just sit back and wait for it to arrive...

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! Tax free cash! I could use some of that at this point. You should point a small fan at the computer or cut a hole in the back of your desk, to cool things down. I forgot that is why Mike had it up on his desk and not in a cubby. You are sure hinting that you want another baby! You know that means you are already prego and you dont know it. Nice new car/van. I cant wait to see a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, there is a large hole already back there. But it's probably close enough to the wall (2-3 inches) that it doesn't even matter.

    I am not quite ready for a new baby. I'm 110% sure I'm not pregnant. :) Much to Leah's dismay.

    ReplyDelete