Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Good Bye (and Hello)

A week and a half ago, we bought a "new" computer from our friends. My friend's (Kristy's) husband builds computers every couple of years and we've bought his 2-year-old computer. It's supposed to be super charged and send me whizzing through the different programs that bog down my current computer.

Well, it's hard to break up with your old computer. It knows too much about you and getting it to share its secrets with a younger and prettier hard drive is difficult. I have too many devices connected and web-based programs installed on my old gramps here. I don't know how I'm going to get it all straightened out.

But I've finally taken all the abuse I can from the cranky old thing and I'm leaving it for something sweeter. I'm pulling the plug tonight (after the beloved kiddies are in bed). This means my connection to the outside world will be disrupted...although I hope it's only very temporary. It will be fun to get the router and access point (for the laptop's internet connection) up and running.

So this is good-bye to all of you. Parting is not sweet, but very sorrowful. Wish me luck. Until we meet again! Adieu!



*I'm back! It's 10 PM now. I think I was "gone" for about 2 1/2 - 3 hours. I am surprised that my internet connection came right back up. I hope my laptop responds in kind. I have already noticed that this computer moves at a much faster speed than the last one (may it RIP in its new life as the kids' computer). I can't understand why I still have to hit the "backspace" key just as often. Isn't this supposed to make me a better typist, too?

It was a bit of a fight to get all the cords in the right places and crammed back into the computer desk. Here is what it looked like before I started,


















and what it looks like now.














Not much difference, huh? I don't know what to do, so I'll just ignore it completely.

I'm glad to be back. I've missed all of you! ;) I am at a loss for many of my bookmarks. I'll have to do my best to find them all again. Darn it.

3 comments:

  1. YOU DID IT!!! I am so proud of you. If you want the old bookmarks. hook up your old computer again and copy them into word. or just write them all down. I am glad that it didn't take it too long for you to get back online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you...you are really movin up in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you go.... I am so alone in the blog world. None of my bolg friends are blogging!!! I need something to read!

    ReplyDelete