Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Time to sterilize

Do the people who put your house in a tent for termites have a similar process for germs? We need to sterilize this house! Daniel came home from school early yesterday and ended up with a fever (and the tears that come with it) over 102. The doctor (yes, I visited two days in a row, with two different kids) was SURE it was strep until the culture came back negative. So we're treating a fever, with a prescription for antibiotics hanging on the messages board in case we don't get rid of the fever.

When I pay a $30 copay, I like to have something a little more certain than this. I don't fault the doctor, just my situation.

Nathan slept the whole day yesterday - his fever reached over 103. By the time Chad and I went to bed, Nathan was feeling a little better and staring-wide awake-into the dark. At 1 AM, when I got up with Daniel who was throwing up spit (didn't really eat dinner), Nathan had finally fallen asleep. But Leah was awake, standing in the middle of her floor. I helped her go to the bathroom, got Daniel finished up in the other bathroom and eventually got to go back to bed.

So, I ask; "When will it end?" Fifth Disease, pink eye, a NASTY cold, sinus infection, possible ear infections, mystery fevers...it doesn't seem to stop.

On the positive side, the scale has started to slide in my favor again. I think it was broken for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment