Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The shower

When we moved into this house two and half years ago, I was surprised to discover the main bathroom didn't have a shower head...just a tub faucet. (I was obviously tired of looking at houses and was therefore blind to little details.) How does a main bathroom not have a shower head? Eventually we were having problems getting any hot water out of the faucet and after several different attempts to solve the problem we realized that the hardware would need replacing. Well since you're busting into the tile and wall, could you just put in a shower head? (I try to be reasonable in the requests I make of Chad. It really helps form strong marital bonds.)
So that's what's happened. Demolition began the day after Thanksgiving. I think that was Chad's favorite part! Behind the wall we found moldy insulation so that was replaced. You can see the project's progression in the pictures. The grout was finished and sealed and everything caulked last week and the new shower curtain put up on Saturday. Yipee! Chad and his friend did an awsome job and now we can shower WITH hot water!

4 comments:

  1. Maybe I need to hire Chad to finish our bathroom. I've been waiting three years for our second bathroom to be finished. We only have one, with 4 kids. Maybe I should potty train them. The line up for the toilet is getting a little long! Would Chad be willing to travel to the east coast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, I meant..maybe I shouldn't potty train any more of the kids...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chad loves paid vacations...even if he's going to work. I only vouch for him, because I expect I'm tagging along!

    ReplyDelete