Friday, February 02, 2007

Happy 5th Birthday, Nathan!

Nathan is 5 today! (He looks like he's turning 4.) He's already picked Pizza Hut for his birthday dinner. I predicted that about 2 days ago. It only took him about 2 seconds to decide. But it took me 2 hours decorate this cake. I thought the car shape was really fun. I can't wait to present it to him tonight.

Nathan is my little sweetheart child. He's the least likely to come to me for comfort, but the first to need it. Once I force him into a cuddle, he makes himself right at home. He's very good at things with small parts and works through simple math problems in his head. He loves putting puzzles together. Yesterday he was sobbing because Leah didn't want to play with him. He has been taking naps just to nap at the same time as everyone else. (He and Leah made a little spot on the floor together yesterday and they shared a pillow and blanket.) Nathan has bright light in his eyes that makes them seem to sparkle (sometimes it just looks like mischief). His giggle is captivating and his cry sounds like a hound dog!












Here are some pictures and a video of Nathan's big day. Notice Rebekah's cake eating technique and the picture of Daniel and Leah coveting Nathan's gifts. Nathan cut and served the cake...he saved the "5" for himself!







If the video isn't working, check back later. It's a little sluggish!

1 comment:

  1. Did you buy the mold for the cake? I wanted to do a car for William this year but was not brave enough to try to cut one out. He ended up with a race track instead.

    ReplyDelete