Monday, February 12, 2007

MONDAY!

Chad is in CA again today. So it was all up to me to get things up and running this morning. The first thing I got to do was pick up the trash the cat had strewn around the kitchen. Chicken wrappers, mushy rice and cumumber peelings are not a recommended way to start a day. Of course, I first had to try to kill the cat. I tried to shove a chair at him as he cowered under the table and only succeeded in tearing my thumbnail. It is no secret that I don't handle mornings well.

After we recovered from that, I got breakfast underway. Daniel dressed himself then combed and brushed his teeth before eating. Why did he brush before breakfast? I never got a real answer about that. So even with all of this early prepping, Daniel still missed the bus. Fortunately, my friend was having a slow morning at her house and her daughter was still eating her breakfast. They picked up Daniel on their way to school.

Next, I did my exercising for the morning then showered, dressed, and tossed the kids into the van to leave with my (same) friend while I ran to the pharmacy to get some antibiotic for Daniel. I took it to him at school and made it there 5 minutes after recess began. However, luck was finally mine as he was in the room doing some work.

From there, the day has returned to normal crazy and we are back on track! Daniel has already done his homework, too! I still need to mop the kitchen floor, but figure that will wait until the kids have gone to bed and no one will need to walk on it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment