Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Nasties

That's us. We have so many germs around here, I have dubbed us The Nasties. Mostly, we are mucous-filled and coughing our insides out. Leah threw up this morning because of snot and coughing. Yesterday, I found dried vomit in Rebekah's crib at naptime. Apparently, she'd thrown up during the night. Gross! And how horrible to throw up and not have anyone rescue you! And the night before that, Daniel threw up (after calling me from sleep several times and threatening to do it). So for the past three nights, we've been getting some really good sleep.

Nathan's bout with pink eye lasted less than two days. His eyes never got goopy and I finally stopped thinking my eyes were infected. (I had irritated eyes the moment I heard we'd been exposed.) Now he's coughing his guts out with the rest of the family.

I haven't been able to avoid this one. I fear I'm headed for a sinus infection. The base of my skull is aching from all the coughing and when I blow my nose, it feels like my forehead is going to blow right open. My ear is starting to hurt, too. While I'm falling apart, I might as well mention that I think I need to seek out a dentist...may have a cavity or two.

And speaking of not feeling well, our van is looking for a new transmission. I guess its coughing it's guts out, too!

1 comment:

  1. We've been suffering with the nasties for almost FOUR weeks. Welcome 2007!!!

    Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete