Tuesday, January 23, 2007

December Quilt Blocks

You probably think I gave up on the quilt group the last month of the project, didn't you! Not so. The group was postponed during the busy month of December and since I was plenty busy myself, I only just completed them. We have our final meeting tomorrow night, coinciding with the first meeting of this year's quilting group. I am addicted!

These are the blocks. The first block is called Old Timey Square. I shrunk the original block to repeat it 4 times in my own block. This is the Beginner's Block.

This block was originally the beginner's block but I didn't like the advanced pattern (I think it is ugly), so I made this one the Advanced Block. It doesn't really have a name. Just applique. Both blocks have applique, actually.

I have framed each of my 24 blocks from the past year in coordinating fabrics and trimmed them all to the same size (15 1/2"). Now they are ready to be sewn together into a quilt top. Chad gave me a huge, luxurious quilting frame for Christmas, so I should be able to quilt it in style. I will post a picture of the final result. Check back in the fall!

Click here to refresh your memory on the previous blocks. And here (scroll way down). And here. And here (about half way down).

1 comment:

  1. Nice quilts. Are there Southwestern styles?
    Dad

    ReplyDelete