Tuesday, September 05, 2006

*Updated* Labor Day...What is it for? (many pictures added)

Ok, I could search online, but what is Labor Day for? I know what all the other holidays a for. This one seems to have slipped through my years of education.

Chad worked half a day and then we headed out to look for letter boxes. We looked for 7 boxes and found 2. It was pretty discouraging. Some people apparently like to keep them when they find them.

We did find a cave that we'd never heard of and didn't know anything about. It isn't visible from the highway as its entrance is below ground. It was very cool in there (temp. and slang - cool). It also looks like a hangout for teenagers, so there was a lot of broken beer bottles and graffitti. What a world we live in.





This is a picture of the kids deep inside the cave. That's why they look like ghosts! You can see the letterbox over Nathan's shoulder before Chad re-hid it.




We searched for letter boxes along the Green Belt in Idaho Falls. It is some pretty scenery, including the temple. At least there was something to look at since we weren't finding any boxes.


The kids were pretty hot and flushed by the time we couldn't find 4 boxes in a row. So we went for ice cream. That will not help my diet (I was down to 167 this morning) but I was so tired and irritated from tired, whiney kids, that I didn't care. It was good!

Here is a very unflattering but realistic (I hate to admit) picture of me. Take a good look because this girl is slowing disappearing!

Look at that beautiful sight!


*Don't forget to check the updates on the kittens!*

2 comments:

  1. Arlyn,
    I always thought Labor Day was to celebrate the suffering mom's go through during labor. But, that's not so. Go to this link http://www.dol.gov/opa/aboutdol/laborday.htm (opps you'll have to type it I guess). It explains the true reason for Labor Day. I could tell you what it said, but I didn't want to clutter up your blog with a large block of text. Congratulatios on the weight loss.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE the greenbelt. When we lived in Idaho Falls two yrs. ago, we regularly walked around the river - made the complete castle. My little 5 yr. old (3 1/2 at the time) nicknamed the temple "The Castle".. which I thought was very fitting. What girl doesn't want to grow up and marry in a castle?

    Oh, btw, I'm here via LDS bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete