Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A day without Chad and other ramblings.

Chad had to/got to go to California for a 2 hr. meeting today. He left at 5:3o AM and will be back at 11:30 PM. Anyone else notice the crazy way to waste valuable time? He's driving back from the Salt Lake City airport this very second.

Now, I'm spoiled by having a husband that works at home. It would be very hard for me to have him gone days or weeks at a time. I applaud the mothers who have to do that and do it well.

So today was fun...being the only one to take care of things sunup to sundown. It wasn't too bad, really. Just got a little out of hand when the kids had a bath (big surprise, huh?). I let the boys bathe first, so they could take care of themselves while I bathed the girls. That is not good for Leah...she's used to going first. So by the time I got in there the floor was flooded, the tub had a layer of suds a foot thick (the boys were in there somewhere) and both girls were already wet. Apparently, Leah squirted a good portion of the shampoo into the water while it was still running. At least she didn't jump into the tub fully clothed, including shoes, which is what she did a month or so again. I don't think any of the kids got out of the tub without suds clinging to them. There was so much! Daniel even had red eyes from the "tearfree" soap. Sheesh.

But all was not lost. Nathan of course worked feverishly on worksheets. The boy is starting to read! After wearing me out on short a and short e, he was reading words like web, bell, hen, tent, vest, hat, bat, fan, pants, ant and cat. I had to print more worksheets for these vowels of the internet. When I told him I had to make dinner, he complained.

Leah cried for worksheets today, too. I just can't find any good ones for her. If anyone has some good links, please let me know! I had to change her bed sheet tonight (it has animals on it) and her response? "I get a new animal worksheet!" Again...sheesh!

The boys have started in a performing group called TaVaci. The went for the 2nd time today. I can't believe how much Nathan enjoys it! This may be the thing he needs to break out of his shell (he doesn't talk in his Sunbeam class). Daniel wasn't as easy to win over, but he's decided to participate. Even if it's just because he doesn't want to be left out, I still think he'll have fun and benefit.

3 comments:

  1. Arlyn,
    I'm glad that your are bathing my grandkids. When I look at your blog photos I can almost hear the sound of squeaky clean coming off of them.

    My e-mail problems have finally been resolved. I had to threaten Quest with a switch to ComCast; then Quest switched me to MSN. My problem was that McAfee's Privacy Service and Spamkiller features with causing a conflict with MSN's e-mail program. After I disabled those two features I could open my e-mail. You and your sibblings, and my brother, might have received several pieces of e-mail from me because every I opend my InBox an icon would show e-mail was being "Sent," constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on surviving the day with no help! It is really no fun when hubby leaves.

    I still can't get over now striking Rebekah's blue eyes are; she is going to be a knock out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bathtub shots are the cutest!!

    I would LOVE to have my hubby work from home. You are soooo lucky!

    ReplyDelete