Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Dear Mrs. First Grade Teacher

Daniel has reading homework every night. Because it was a 3-day weekend, we of course put it off. When we tried to find it tonight, we discovered it missing. I wrote Daniel's teacher a note but then I just found the little book so now my note is in vain. I share it with you now so at least someone will enjoy the mood I was in at the time. :)

Mrs. XXX,

Daniel's reading homework fell prey to his little sister (not quite the dog excuse) and is now MIA.

Unfortunately, due to a severe case of B.A. (bad attitude), I cannot report that he read it enough times. I think he got 2 times through.

We would have re-written the story from memory for him, but B.A. is very contagious and we were infected to the point of bad memories.

If you have an extra copy, we would be happy to sit down with him again.

It's likely that we will find the missing book sometime during the week - probably in the freezer next to the rocks Daniel is freezing.

Sincerely,
Arlyn Collett

P.S. Thank you for keeping Daniel for 6 1/2 hours a day. You're saving the both of us from each other! ;)


So, it's good we found the homework, but it's 10:30 PM and Daniel leaves to catch the bus @ 7:15 in the morning. We'll see how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment