Thursday, June 03, 2010

So much time...

...so little desire.

I have an entire house full of "jobs for mom." Most of these jobs have been created by the mom's kids, but expecting them to be very helpful is rather optimistic.

It's not that I mind doing housework. Actually, I used to dream of staying home with the children, keeping the house tidy, baking cookies, hosting picnics in the backyard and having educational moments with the darlings during the normal course of the day. HA! That's why those are called dreams.

As it is, all that I've accomplished from that list is staying home with the kids. I can hardly keep anything tidy (even my personal spaces), I have NO desire to bake cookies, though I wouldn't mind eating 2 or 10, picnics in the backyard don't include me and usually end up with paper plates littering the lawn (despite repeated reminders) and educational moments are hard fought around here.

Part of my trouble lately is a heel pain that won't go away (we're talking months now) and the more I stay on my feet, the worse the next day is. So I am lazy at home, hoping to at least avoid the pain for a few moments. Too bad all the clutter doesn't gravitate towards me while I'm sitting around...I could really get something done then!

Even so, I'm not sitting around, because toilets get flooded, diapers get full, tummies get hungry, chores DO have to be done and errands need to be run. And some how, life got busier when summer started. Whatever happened to the "lazy days of summer?"

No comments:

Post a Comment