Monday, June 28, 2010

One at a time

You know that little safety feature on minivans that doesn't let you open the sliding door once the gas door is open?

I wish I could improve upon that idea and put it to use in my home. With my idea, the toys would only function one at a time. If you didn't put the last one you used back, you would be unable to access the next one.

How do I make this automation work? I'm really getting frustrated with the growing messes and the apathy that everyone has toward them.

1 comment:

  1. A check out system worked at one time in our home. Only one toy checked out per kid at a time. Infringements would result in a lose of toy privilege. It was kind of labor intensive for the parents, but after a few weeks of that, they were happy to be able to play more freely, but their clean-up habits had improved significantly :)

    ReplyDelete