Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I haven't showered since Thursday last week.

I thought that title might get your attention. It's the truth, too.

Last Thursday, Chad's brother (we'll call him 'Greg') came to town. He needed a place to stay while he was here and offered to help us do any projects we had going while he was available. He may never offer again!

We bought a cast iron bathtub 2 - 3 months ago and it has been sitting in our garage since then. The task of replacing a tub is really best tackled with more than one guy. So we decided to take Greg up on his offer.

I showered Thursday morning...

...they ripped the tub out that night.



You can see that I jumped right in there to help out. I did help move some stuff out of the way after taking the picture, but my biggest job was to keep Sarah out of the way. That was not an easy task!

The tub spent 2 nights in the front yard before I sold it to someone for $25. What a bargain!

While Greg was busy with meetings on Friday, Chad stayed home from work to prep the area for the replacement tub. I took the kids out for the day. (That's how I helped on Friday.) The two of them (I don't know who to really credit) came up with an idea to build shelves into the wall of the tub surround. Chad did that. You can see them if you look for the red-papered insulation. The blue paper is the original wall. That little hole in the bottom of the wall on the left is the old pump access from the jetted tub. That is going to need to be patched up. Talk about a privacy problem!


By Friday (late) night, the 'new' tub was in and holding water. More specifically, it was holding water for my bath. It was a little strange to sit in the tub and look through the wall straight ahead of me to the toilet. And it was difficult to not splash any water out of the tub. I never even thought of that hole behind me. Good thing the kids were in bed by then!


We do have a 2nd bathroom with a shower stall. It's the kids' bathroom and I haven't been able to lower my standards far enough to use it, yet. I only used the toilet 3 times on Thursday because it was covered in drywall chunks and I didn't want to to go upstairs. Petty, I know.

Their bathroom is so disgusting and a total waste of time to clean, that I try to pretend that it doesn't exist. Why can't they keep the toothpaste with a foot of the sink? Even two feet would be a huge improvement. What is so hard about getting the pee IN the toilet? And again, why do people carpet bathrooms? Yuck, and DOUBLE YUCK!

Chad has not been as snobby about it as I have. He has had no baths. I've had 4.

Last night, he got all the plastic up and is ready to nail up the cement board. I would love if he got it done by the weekend, but realistically, next weekend would still be something to be grateful for.

I'll post pictures of that when it happens. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am already LOVING your new bathroom! I can't wait to see the photo's of the finished project.

    P.S. Tell Chad it is ok boys can take baths too. ;)

    ReplyDelete