Thursday, November 16, 2006

Recent projects

I've spent some time in my sewing room lately.

I was working on the November quilt blocks. These two patterns use the same initial design. The first one is a circle on a constrasting fabric square, cut in quarters, combined with another circle on a fabric square (also quartered)- with the colors reversed. The second block is the same but the squares and circles are made smaller and you make two of each set.



Beg.: Drunkard's Path












Adv.: Robbing Peter to Pay Paul, Indiana Puzzle, Mill Wheel
I don't know why there are so many different names. I haven't been able to find this block online with any of these names.













Some of you may know that I was working on a crocheted lace edge for my bedskirt. I started it WAY before Rebekah was born. I finished it in September this year. I think it took a year and a half or so. I dyed it in tea and finally got it on the bed! Here is a close up and a shot of the bed.













This is a close up of some machine quilting I recently finished. I did 60 of these and 20 large leaves in the large red squares (you can barely see it in the lower right corner).













And because I can't finish a project without starting a new one, here are the first two (of many to come) blocks in a quilt that I'm making for a friend here for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment