Tuesday, August 29, 2006

What kind of Homeschooler are you?

I'm not a homeschooler, but I am usually thinking of my kids' educations. Leah and Nathan love to work on worksheets or in workbooks, which requires a lot of answers to their questions and explanations of the next task, but they are sitting still. That is worth something just in itself. I love to work with Daniel on his reading or math, but I stand back a few paces because he's not real motivated and is likely to explode at me any moment. Anyway, I found this quiz online about "what kind of homeschooler you are."

My results said:

You have your ideal of how things should look, but you're flexible enough to allow for change. You are not bothered by changing methods, mid-course if necessary. You use an eclectic combination of curriculum sources.

So for what that's worth...yahoo. I will never be a homeschooler unless my kids are in physical or emotional danger. Academic deficiencies in teachers don't scare me until high school. I figure I can supplement the education if needed. I enjoy that Daniel is gone from 7:30 until 3 each day. For some that makes me a bad mother. For others and myself, it makes me a better one. Maybe you can understand that!

Actually, that DOES describe what kind of tutor I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment