Saturday, July 08, 2006

It would be easier to throw it out the window!

I have been having problems with my computer and some programs. Today I am trying to get Kodak EasyShare to load. I spent an hour on the phone with tech support and still can't get it to operate. He had me uninstall the program to reinstall it and promised me that my pictures wouldn't be lost. I'm trusting him BIG TIME! Especially since it seems to be conflicting with Microsoft. I know that my desktop wallpaper has been erased, and that was a Kodak image. I REALLY hope that my pictures come back! There have been some other frustrating things going on as well. Little steps...I hope everything irons out ok.

UPDATE:

I finally got an older version put back on. YIPEE! All 2077 (WHAT???) pictures were saved and restored. I think I need to go through and delete some of those. B took a bunch of pictures of herself and some of others while she was here. I need to do some B cleaning. If you want those pictures, B, you'd better speak up soon!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got your pictures all back!! I would be devastated if I lost all of mine. My mom has been trying to use Kodak EasyShare and every time she loads it her computer crashes the next day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did your mom get her Kodak EasyShare to work yet? I finally decided that verion 6 isn't compatible with Windows XP for some reason. After everything was uninstalled, I loaded an older version (5.2) and got things back up and running again. To be fair, I did have v6 running for a while and then everything with "south." I really like the program, so I'm glad to have it back in some form!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No she hasn't. She called Kodak several times and they sware it couldn't be their software making the computer crash, but it only happens after she loads EasyShare. Right now she just gives me her memory card and I download her pictures to my computer and email them to her. I'll check back here to see if you have any other questions :)

    ReplyDelete