Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's Day (for real)

Our last day of Valentines included a special dinner (pink waffles, raspberries and whipped topping, heart-shaped sausages, apple wedges and pink fruit dip) and this on the garage door. I took so long getting everything ready, that I was still putting all the hearts on when Chad pulled up. Oh well, it's no real mystery how these things happen.


Since it was Monday, we had FHE. It was Joseph's turn for the lesson and he wanted a lesson on Joseph Smith and how he loves us. Chad did a good job with that interesting twist.

Then we play a hide and seek game with a little, red heart. (You can hear that game happening in the background of the video of Sarah I posted a couple days ago.) We had pink, heart-shaped rice krispy treats for the treat.

Afterward, we had the kids get pajamas on and got ready for bedtime. But before...

...we gave the kids their v-day presents.

I found a deal to get 6 knock-off Pillow Pets for $40...shipped. That is a perfect number for us! I also made each of the kids a personalized book with special things about them. Scripture reading went very smoothly this night...everyone was hugging their pillows.


That night, Chad presented me with a (real) Pillow Pet of my own...a Valentine's Day puppy. I think he was building on the theme. The kids were tickled by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment