Sunday, February 13, 2011

Nathan's Talent

The elementary had a talent show a couple of weeks ago. They went through a bit of a selection process by having classroom talent shows and letting the kids vote for their favorite two. The winners of the voting moved to the school-wide show at the end of the week.
Before I understood this process, I was a little surprised when Nathan said he'd advanced to the Friday show. Not that I don't think Nathan is talented, but his talent was a grandfather clock he'd made in 1 hour (or less) with K'nex...by following the directions. But I understand that the kids all gasped and ooh'd when he brought it out. I guess the colors were dazzling.
So we (Sarah, Joseph and I) went to the school to support Nathan. We waited almost an hour before it was his turn. Finally, he walks up with his clock, holds it in the air and says, "This is a grandfather clock I made by K'nex." After a moment, the audience realized he was done and started clapping. Then he walked back to his seat. Yep, that's our Nathan!

No comments:

Post a Comment