Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Black and BLUE

We have been having a klutzy time of things lately. Sarah is constantly falling down and has whacked her head repeatedly. She just gets up and keeps going...until she runs into something, or someone, else.


That is exactly what happened to Joseph. These kids insist on traveling through the house at top speeds. One night last week, he and Leah met head on. They both cried. I rolled my eyes and huffed a bit.
And if we aren't bumping into things, we are falling off of them. Sarah has discovered climbing (she's reaching higher heights) and gravity. I found an interesting bruise on her upper leg today. I'm glad we don't have any check-ups planned!

But the accidents don't end there. I was replacing the ink system for my scrapbook printer today. I was ever so slowly removing the first plug...and Kaboom! I was suddenly covered in cyan. It was a mess and it was everywhere.
Ugh...my hands are starting to look old. Look at those wrinkles! I've seen some shadows of age spots, as well. *sigh*

You can't see it from the pictures, but I have blue spots up my forearm a few inches. If nothing, I was thorough.

Too bad I wasn't wearing a blue shirt today instead of yesterday. I tried soaking it in rubbing alcohol. It didn't help.

Now that I have a new supply of ink (minus a bit of cyan) I should get scrapbooking again. I haven't done much of that lately. I keep getting higher priorities.


Here are my little hams posing for pictures as I tried to get pictures of their bruises.

Joseph thought maybe it would look good if his elbows were up.

I didn't know Sarah knew to smile for the camera! I guess I mostly take candid shots. (I think she looks like her Peterson cousins here.)

I think this was supposed to be a scowl/growl. I see the elbows are at it again.


Smile big and say, "Goofy!"

2 comments:

  1. My boys used to make that same scrunchy face that Sarah made! I love the scrunchy face. It's sad when they get too old to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't always note the episodes of accidents within the Collett family, but this posting strongly suggests accident-proneness might be genetically determinded.

    ReplyDelete