Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Typical Moment

I was thinking about the personalities of the kids on Monday when they were all home. Things were energetic around here, to say the least! Though they aren't robots, the kids are fairly predictable. If someone was to come by at any given time (and we didn't overrun them in excitement) this is likely what they'd see of each child:

Daniel: he is running from person to person, room to room, stirring up trouble and delighting in the squeals of his siblings

Nathan: he is curled up in a corner somewhere with a book (probably hiding from Daniel)

Leah: she is screaming...at Daniel and then she's reporting it all to me

Rebekah: she is prancing and dancing through the house, singing a silly song and laughing (maybe Daniel has made her insane)

Joseph: he is coloring a picture he made me print off the computer, while he waits until I think it's snack time -or- he is watching The Wiggles (he mostly flies low and stays off Daniel's radar)

Sarah: she is exploring, investigating, climbing, crawling, running and falling...she has quite a bruise collection (Daniel knows not to tease her!)

And with all this, at least I can say that I know what to expect (for the most part).
_________

Some moments from the morning so far:

While horsing around, Daniel threw his hat which then knocked something behind the piano. I gave him a look and a "DANIEL!" to which he replied: "It's Nathan's fault! He ducked!"

Joseph is watching The Wiggles, "Wiggly Safari" and he just saw two characters in a pond of water imitating a kookaburra. It was rather animated. When it was over he said, "That was weird." I laughed because I had just been thinking the same thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment