Friday, October 12, 2007

Not nesting

I think I'm supposed to be "nesting" right now. Since I've been having to keep the house pretty clean, I don't have a lot to do that isn't constantly being done. And I can't get the nursery ready or the little clothes prepped because they are in storage for another couple of weeks.

I have accomplished some things lately. I finished the baby's Sunday afghan (blue) and his flannel crib blanket (purple). I tied Leah's blanket (pink/purple/yellow) and got it on her bed last Saturday. That was quite an adventure. I had to lay it out on the floor and roll myself into a ball to tie the darned thing. I made the binding and sewed it on during Saturday's Conference sessions. I was very relieved to realize that I was all caught up on kids' blankets! I don't have any that need to be started or finished right now. YIPPEE!

I performed a miracle yesterday and spent a couple hours quilting the quilt on my frame yesterday. It's been at least 6 months since I advanced the fabric to a new position. I finally did yesterday. I'm still not quite 1/4 done. (And there's another one to put on after this one is done.)


I cut out the pattern and material for the baby's blessing outfit today. I had to sit down several times during the process to give my back a rest. I could have used another 4-5 inches in height on my cutting table. I'm short, but today it just wasn't enough!

There's only 5 1/2 weeks to go before this baby meets his crazy family. I'm glad. I've been having several contractions a day. They are most inconvenient and pointless, too. The baby is running out of room and trying to make larger accommodations for himself. Luckily, he's low, so my rib cage hasn't been too abused.

When we talk about Halloweens costumes around here, we say the baby already has his costume: Mommy.

We recently survived two weeks of school break. That's probably one of the reasons I haven't posted recently. I was glad the bus came around Tuesday morning. I had barely recovered from the summer and then the kids had two weeks off. It was a long two weeks.

It snowed twice during those two weeks. Last Saturday it snowed until sometime in the afternoon and didn't completely melt until Monday or Tuesday.

We really need the moisture around here, but we're trying to close on a house that needs some roof work and sprinkler work done. Rain and melting snow make the ground soggy and the roof continues to leak.

We've only had two people look at our house. The first were looking for a house they could put an apartment in and the second decided to stay in the city they were from. We almost had someone look today, but the agent's phone died and the appointment was never completed. The irony was that the agent was two houses down and I could see him on the phone. I knew he had called our realtor. I would have let them in if only they had asked!

If you wanted to check out my latest scrapbook pages, you could find them here. There are a couple of mine and some from other people, too.

And that's what we've been up to lately. You haven't missed much. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your quilt I want to make one so bad but I dont know how. I really should take some lessons and get a sewing machine!!!

    ReplyDelete