Monday, October 15, 2007

What a memory

Chad reads to the kids every night. Lately, he's been reading a chapter book. Last night, Chad thought the boys might have fallen asleep before the chapter was done. So tonight Chad asked Daniel if he fell asleep before it was over and Daniel responded that he didn't think so. After he thought about it for a minute he said, "I think it ended with 'children.'"

I'm thinking, I'm sure "children" was in the chapter somewhere. Meanwhile, Chad is looking through the book to find the right page. The last sentence ended with "...cantered away from the children."

How does he do that? I read them "The Mouse and the Motorcycle" a while ago and Daniel could usually tell me what had just happened the night before. I'm an avid reader, but if I don't remember what chapter to start on next, I have to start reading and see if I recognize anything then skip ahead or back depending on the result.

And how can he remember things like that if he can't remember that his dirty clothes go IN the hamper and not in a snake-like trail pointing to it? Or can't remember where he left his jacket the day before?

There's only one answer. He must be part genius. Now he'll have some kind of eccentricities that go with a genius mind and I'll be pulling out more of my hair!

3 comments:

  1. You know the smart ones are also the messiest! sp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have a house full of little geniuses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have hope for geniuses! where are the photos of the new place!?

    ReplyDelete