Monday, October 22, 2007

Walk Through this afternoon

We finally have our walk through this afternoon! FINALLY! We have some measuring that we want to do for new carpet.

The seller was supposed to investigate and fix a leak in the roof of the house that has been leaking for a while (years). It took the roof guy nearly 3 weeks to get his lazy behind out there and all he ends up doing is caulking the roof where it's leaking! He was supposed to pull back some of the roof and make sure that the water didn't do any internal damage, and the inspector was supposed to get a peek, too. After that, he was supposed to flash the roof where it meets the side of the house its butted up against. Instead, he decided that he could determine that there was no internal damage from his viewpoint and just caulked it. When the realtor mentioned that it was supposed to be flashed, he said that would be another $150 to go back out there and do that. So they're thinking they're going to give us a $150 credit at closing.

Unfortunately, they're dealing with a cranky pregnant woman who is irritated that it took this long to even get to the roof and that this genius roof guy just made his own decisions. If they're going to give us a credit, it's going to be for more than $150! And I want a different roof guy!

SO, if we can work all that out, there is a chance that we could close today. If not, then likely tomorrow. After a day's wait, we can start ripping out carpet and moving some stuff over. Hopefully, the carpet can be installed at the beginning of the week.

We have one more week in this ward. I am teaching one more RS lesson. They did call a new teacher to replace me, but she's unable to teach next week, so I guess I'm subbing! That's kind of what happened when we left Washington. It must be tradition.

I had my dr's appt. today. I hit 190 lbs. Ugh. I hope this is a 35 lb baby! I'm now on weekly appointments. I get to go back on Halloween morning. Right in the middle of moving.

I did have some productivity this morning. I did a load of laundry, swept and mopped the kitchen/dining/laundry/bathroom floors, and made two loaves of bread before rushing out the door just before 9:30. I was a little late for my appt., but I'm sure it made little difference in my wait time.

I made just one scrapbook page this week. I would probably make more if this chair was a little softer!
This one is from Rebekah's blessing, nearly two years ago. She has changed a lot!
I've nearly finished the blessing outfit for this baby. I worked on it several days in a row and then took a long weekend. I need to get it finished in the next day or so. It's a little jumper with a jacket, so there's the reason for taking so long. This little guy is getting blessing during an Idaho winter...he needs a jacket! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure about closing until it is all fixed. I would at least get someone out there that knows what they are doing to check it out and give an estimate first. It may cost alot more than 150. I cant believe that you are mopping floors and before 9am! Let me know if you need help moving!

    ReplyDelete