Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Wrong Side of the bed

Last Sunday, early morning, we awoke to hear Leah crying. This is not an unusual occurance. This time, though, she sounded a little muffled. The more she cried, the more muffled she sounded. Since it was still dark outside, we were a little disoriented. We finally realized that Leah was UNDER our bed and getting more frantic the more she awoke and couldn't really move. I can't believe that she even got under there at all. I can't fit a large shoe box under there, but she can wiggle under in her sleep. Talk about waking up on the wrong side of the bed!

It hasn't been a good week for sleeping. Sometime mid-week, I was up all night hearing Leah and Rebekah in a coughing choir. They were doing solos, duets, refrains and it was all in forte. Rebekah was pausing one or two minutes before starting in again. I hate it when my kids are coughing, especially when they're young and can't really tell me how they feel. I kept cringing with the nasty coughing and imagined that their throats were getting sore. I gave them both prescription strength med., but I couldn't give the stuff with codine to Rebekah and it took her a LLLLong time to quiet down. Then Daniel came in sometime before dawn and said he didn't feel good. He clarifed and said he didn't feel safe. He'd started to have a bad dream. I gave him a sleepy hug and told him to get a drink and go to the bathroom before going back to bed. The next night, I was so tired that when Leah started coughing, I medicated her, cranked up the humidifier, and closed her door most of the way. I would have liked to close our door, but since we often have sleepy visitors, I didn't want to risk the collision of door to face and suffer the trauma that would follow that!

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you Arlyn....fortunately right now we are going through a good sleeping period, but that can change in an instant. I'll make sure that Adam reads this one, sometimes he gets the worst of the night times because the kids go to him more often.

    ReplyDelete