Saturday, March 10, 2007

My weekend


This is what I did this weekend. Actually, I started it on Thursday (or was it Wednesday?) and finished it this evening. It was a birthday present for a sister I visit teach. I delivered it tonight and she loved it (like she would have said that she didn't). Anyway, I knew that she would appreciate the gift. That's probably why I was willing to put the time into it.
There was a Primary activity today. I took Leah since she's more than ready to be a Sunbeam, but gets to enjoy Nursery for one more year. I was assigned to an activity that "spotlighted" each child. I got to ask them a list of questions about themselves. There are a lot of girls that like pink and a lot of boys that like lions. Interestingly, the "favorite part of Primary" that received the most votes, was singing time. Yeah. I'm in there and I don't hear a lot of singing coming from the kids! Daniel said his favorite part was classtime...he must REALLY love his teacher! (me)
Daniel was invited to a birthday party today. It was at a skating rink, clear on the opposite side of town. He had never been skating, so I watched him "hold to the rod" three times around and then said I'd see him later. I wandered around some stores while I waited. I feel it's a miracle that he didn't seriously injure himself. He had a lot of fun.
This past week was our RS Birthday celebration. It was a very nice evening of relaxing, eating and visiting. I was asked to sing, "Gentle" (Michael McLean) and worried the whole time that I was off key. It's about 2 octaves lower than what I normally sing, but someone admitted that the song made her cry, and I don't think it was my performance that caused it (whew!).
And now I look forward to a nice, relaxing Sunday. We've already set the clocks ahead. This may be the one day this year that the kids sleep all the way to 8 AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment