Monday, March 05, 2007

y=2x+1

I spent my weekend boning up on my Algebra knowledge. A neighbor asked if I could tutor her 11-year-old in his studies since he's failing and was just moved up to this accelerated class. Do any of you remember much from your Algebra classes? I sure didn't. I've had a crash course on finding y-intercepts, slopes, and solving for m, x, y, etc. Does y=mx+b mean anything to you? Yeah, so I spent Friday, almost the whole of Saturday, and all morning today speeding through chapters of formulas and graphs. All for $12/hour. He's set up to come Mon. - Wed. - Fri. for the time being. Wow. This sure makes me sound like a nerd!

So anyway...that's what I've been up to most recently.

Remember to: Solve graphically and show your work algebraically!

1 comment:

  1. You are a nerd. ;) I don't remember any of that. When our kids get to that and need help it'll be steve's job.

    ReplyDelete