Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy Birthday, Leah! (and Happy New Year, too)

Leah turned 2 years old today. True to Collett-fashion, she was running a fever. Here she is trying to sleep it off this afternoon.










Luckily, the drugs Chad gave her just before dinner brought the fever down enough to have a little celebration. She made several attempts to blow out the candle, but only got as far as making the flame dance a little. Nathan and Daniel got in the act and after about 3 tries, they finally got it out. We have more spit on the cake than even I thought was possible!









She loved the baby she got . I bought the plastic parts off of eBay (after I failed to find them in any stores I looked in) and used the pattern for a different kind of doll I found in a pattern catalog. I had to work so hard to find anything, I was wondering if people just don't make baby dolls anymore!? So the baby is a strange size and I will "fix" it later...when Leah doesn't know what I'm doing. I spent the last 24 hour crocheting a little hooded poncho for her, too. The picture doesn't do it justice. I thought the blue would accent her eyes nicely. About 4 rounds into the poncho, I remembered that she has hazel eyes, not blue! I've lost too many brain cells.









For FHE the week of someone's birthday, we have a night just for that person. Tonight was Leah's night. We listened to a story about the time she was born and then everyone drew a picture telling why Leah is special. Nathan's is below. He said Leah was special because she plays with him. (He says that about most people when we do this. He must really like to play.)












We've nearly recovered from Christmas. Nathan won't believe me anymore when I blame something on Santa (because "Christmas is over"). We got to see more cousins for Christmas and I got my fill of traveling (with Leah) for a long time. It has rained and snowed off and on for the past while. It was white this morning, but now it's brown and wet. Maybe we'll get snow again tomorrow and then maybe we'll end up with some that actually stays around. B still hasn't made a snowman.

I'm relieved that Christmas is over for now and I can get on with the thousand other things on my "to do" list. We start the new Enrichment program this month. I have a feeling that I'm going to be busier now than before because there are several things going on throughout the month. I don't have to participate in all of them, but I do have to keep tabs.

"Time will tell."

1 comment: